- Television: Fox 5 Atlanta - Atlanta Man Turns Battle With Cancer Into Musical
- Newspaper: Atlanta INtown - Local playwright Tom Willner details cancer battle in musical
- Newspaper: Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Sunday Conversation with Tom Willner: Cancer survivor’s musical explores disease, life (Blog post with full article here)
- Television: CBS Atlanta - Good Deeds: Musical About Cancer Benefits Survivors
- Newspaper: Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Musical Recalls Cancer Survival
- Online: The Stupid Cancer Show - Music Makes The People Stupid Cancer
- Newspaper: Columbia Basin Herald - Good Humor Goes A Long Way
- Online: Journal of Family Life, Emory Center MARIAL - Life Is Good
- Newsletter: The Winship Report - Tom Willner: "I Got Life And Life Is Good"
- Television: TBS, Interact Atlanta - The Good Fight
- Online: Miami Herald - His Recovery Courts Muse
“There is something really substantial here. The last song ‘I got life and life is good’ created joy in me – a precious thing to earn.” - Tom Key, Executive Artistic Director of Theatrical Outfit
"Seeing things differently is the guiding principle behind 'Turning Thirty,' which attempts to do for cancer what the Tony Award-winning musicals 'Next to Normal' and 'Rent' did for bipolar disorder and people living with HIV, respectively. Set it to music... Similarly, Willner's score packs emotional wallops along with punch lines." - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"The musical captures their devotion in 'I’m Here for You' as well as the surrealism of navigating cancer treatment in 'The Battle' between his doctor and cancer personified." - Atlanta INtown
AudienceIf you would like to share your comments on the show, please enter your comments on the contact form.
- "Fantastic! Such a great show... I would highly recommend it to others." - Sonia V.
- "Bravo! Tom and the cast were amazing - what a great show!!" - Fran A.
- "I was blown away by the music and the movement of the story. Huge success!" - Martha C.
- "What a wonderful and moving show." - Larry L.
- "Turning Thirty was a blast. Amazing vocal talent ...a top-notch cast all around." - Fred W.
- "Thank you for having the courage to share your personal story with the world." - John W.